A few weeks ago I was compelled to trim the hair that was hanging over Finwe's ears. It was getting too long, and I will not have a boy with long hair. Blame my Marine father for that if you will, but I prefer men with short hair. My efforts at cutting Finwe's hair was pretty good on the left side, and not so wonderful on the right side. However, I wasn't bothered as the hair was no longer hanging over his ears.
Today, I got my hair cut at my favorite salon. Finwe has been there before. This time there were only two stylists in the salon, so I ended up holding Finwe on my lap as I got my haircut. I talked with Sherrie about giving Finwe the trim, and aske her how she got baby boys' hair cut. Instead of answering she motioned with her hands holding her head very tightly. "Oh," I said.
When Sherrie was done cutting my hair she made a quick move in front of Finwe. "Hey, Finwe, look here," she said in that saccharin voice that works so well with babies. Incredibly quickly she had combed his bangs forward and trimmed a straight line across his forehead. I'm pretty sure he had no idea what had happened.
"Okay, let me get the trimmers and tidy up those sideburns." She tunred the trimmers on, I held Finwe's head still, and she zipped the ragged mommy-cut into perfection. Yes, Finwe minded that, but it was me holding his head, not the sound or the feel of the trimmers. He looks good. I'll get pictures tomorrow. He's sleeping.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like short hair on my boys, too. When my oldest was a baby his hair grew really fast and by the time I convinced my hair dresser to trim it, he looked like a girl. For some reason she thought he needed to be a year old before a hair cut.
Post a Comment